Sunday, February 27, 2011

Common Core Standards and Technology

Wow! It's been awhile since my last post. No, I didn't take an extended vacation nor did i fall off the edge of the earth for a bit...I've been very busy working with teachers to develop their skills in technology and integrating technology in best practice instruction. I'm having a great time being in all the schools and having the opportunity to see so many great things happening in the Owensboro Public Schools!
I've been spending a lot of time becoming more familiar with the common core standards and have to admit that I'm excited about how instruction will look different as these are implemented in the classrooms. I can see where lots of opportunities exist in using technology to better engage students in a deeper level of learning. Change is always scary, now doubt about it. But if we continue to leverage or resources, provide our teachers with the need training and support, and allow some risk taking...our students are going to benefit from some pretty awesome opportunities and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment