Thursday, March 4, 2010

Proud...Proud...Proud...

It's hard to believe I've been a teacher for 21 years! WOW! I have to admit that it has been a fantastic ride. Of course, I have days where I mumble and grumble...but boy do I LOVE what I do! I love being with the kids the most! It makes me proud to know that I am part of helping create opportunities for our little ones that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. Working with teachers and other administrators is a blessing as well. I have had some wonderful mentors over the years and continue to have some great ones even today. It makes me proud when I get excited about a new venture into learning and it becomes contagious. I've been really excited about the use of technology in our schools for quite some time now and Sutton has become a school where the technology is infused in everyday learning activities. I am certainly proud of the teachers for seeing the relevance of technology and being willing to take a risk to grow professionally and to find new ways to engage the students. But every once in awhile a day comes along that makes me exceptionally proud of something or someone. Mrs. Tucker, one of my most favorite people in the whole world and an AWESOME teacher, came to me yesterday and wanted to create a blog to link to our website. She wanted to provide the kids and the parents opportunities to access some of her knowledge as a teacher with the click of a button. Now the fact that she wanted to share her knowledge wasn't the surprise...the surprise came that after 30+ years...well, being a very experienced teacher, she wanted to take such a risk and get out of her comfort zone to continue reaching towards greatness. What a message to me that the great teachers don't even realize that they are great, and that great teachers are never satisfied. I am so proud, proud to have such a great mentor in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment